Sunday, August 14, 2011

What do you think of my philosophy of truth?

Truth, what is truth? Many have pondered this question. I ponder it now. But first to find truth you must identify its equal yet opposite, the lie. A truth would not exist without a lie because there would be no balance. There must be balance. Many say the truth shall set you free. They are completely wrong neither knowing nor telling the truth will free you. Quite the opposite actually knowing the truth will indeed bring the light but with the light of truth comes the darkness of knowledge and the realization that the truth only comes with death also the knowledge that the truth is really greed, hate, war, poverty, and hunger. You will not be at rest with the truth I would much rather be naïve than know the truth. Like they say the truth hurts. But still we wake up everyday seeking the truth. Even if we are so consumed in our own truths to pay attention to the larger ones. For instance are we as humans really alive or as Edgar Allen Poe once said is “all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream.” I personally believe that the truth will come with death and not particularly from an omnipresent being. I could be completely wrong I will never truly know. But I do not seek the answer I would much rather stay naïve.

No comments:

Post a Comment