Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Want to know if co-signer can file for bankruptcy as well?

I am planning on filing for bankruptcy but have two items I had a co-signer for? I have tried debt consolidation and 8months into it and having problems making the monthly payments. So now I am needing to file for bankruptcy but my auto loan and a personal loan had a co-signer. My question is can the co-signer file for bankruptcy if they only have a credit card that is maxed out and they only have the 2 items they co-signed with me on. They could not afford to take on both payments if I were to file bankruptcy. This person only takes home 1600 in payments and rents a home with me. the monthly auto payment is 475 and other loan is 230 monthly. Would I have to file for bankruptcy first? I am not looking to get judged here and yes I know it would be best to speak with a bankruptcy lawyer on this matter but any answer on this situation would be appreciated. PLEASE no judging. I am aware I made a mess of my situation and after bankrutpcy is through no more credit cards except one to rebuild my credit score.

No comments:

Post a Comment